Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Gray Man

He has known his share of sorrow and he's sometimes quick to anger

and he's seen so many battles, he can be a little jaded

and even if you know him well, count yourself a stranger.

But however long it's been in time, his memory hasn't faded.

He is simply and forever my gray man.


There is strength and there is power and the penchant for mysterious,

a gnomish sense of wonder that can make me catch my breath,

a goofy sense of humor that can make me laugh, delirious

and a shadow that hangs over him like the memory of death,

in my gray man.


I have known him just a moment but he makes me think of always

and without him I'd be lost again, stumbling and wandering

through life's dark and twisting, angry hallways

and I don't begin to understand this magic that he's conjuring.

He is simply and forever my gray man.

No comments:

Post a Comment