Friday, April 8, 2011

The Tenets

There are three tenets we live and die by. Each soldier has his own take on em and if you're serious about joining up you better think real hard on them your own self. Here's my take on them.

Courage

The ability to do what scares you even though it scares you. For some this is about facing down orcs and dragons and mastadons, but for your average soldiers, the real things they fear most are public speaking and rejection by that cute girl in the tavern.

Honor

Oh, this one seems real simple right now when you haven't yet been put to the test, but wait till you find yourself in a sticky situation. You wanna know how I see it? Honor is putting the Garrison and the safety of Gahlen first. Honor is knowing what my oath really means and not letting some adolescent notion of right and wrong get in the way of my job. I don't care if you worship Waylumi, Ateraan, or Dahkoar- stay out of my way... I know where my loyalty belongs.

Discipline

The Garrison is no place for whiners, weaklings, or the incurably lazy. Discipline means two things; following orders and improving yourself. Yes, that means you'll have to knock some information into that thick skull of yours. What? You thought it was all about swinging a sword? Fine then, go be a rogue. If you don't have at least half a brain, we don't need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment